Lunarpages Review: Out Of This World Web Hosting?
Lunarpages Has Closed Down: What Does This Mean?
On September 11, 2019, HostPapa have officially acquired Lunarpages. Despite the closure of the brand, Lunarpages customers can still access their accounts.
If you’re a Lunarpages customer, refer to the following resources:
- Access your Lunarpages dashboard, now operated by HostPapa
- Read HostPapa’s article on the acquisition
- Browse fequently asked questions about the Lunarpages acquisition
Take a look at our expert review of HostPapa as well as other alternative web hosting providers.
The name Lunarpages may conjure images of circular space stations and mysterious monoliths, but the advanced technology they offer is available right here on Earth. Their hosting solutions run the gamut from the basic to the advanced, including the option that’s all the rage—private cloud hosting.
With six data centers located in cities across the country from San Diego, California, to Ashburn, Virginia, you’re more likely to experience increased speed as your site will likely be hosted in the data center nearest to you. In fact, one service Lunarpages offers in both its California data centers is colocation hosting, allowing you to use their data center space for your servers and equipment, saving you the expense of building your own.
Aside from their unique data center hosting service, Lunarpages offers a few standard hosting options to choose from: Cloud hosting, managed hosting, and dedicated hosting.
Check Out LunarPages
Cloud Hosting Features
- Scalable cloud hosting allows you to choose:
- Number of CPU cores
- Amount of bandwidth
- Amount of RAM
- Amount of disk space
- Scaled resources billed daily
- Standard features include:
- 50 GB disk space
- 1 IP address
- 1,000 GB bandwidth
- Linux operating system
- Tech support available via ticket submission system, live chat, and phone
Managed Hosting Features
Lunarpages offers seven types of managed hosting:
- Dedicated managed hosting
- Managed shared hosting
- Application monitoring
- Microsoft Exchange Email
- Hosted desktop
- Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Global failover
Each managed hosting option contains numerous individual features, so be sure to research before you buy in order to find the best solution for you and your site.
Dedicated Hosting Features
This option from Lunarpages is aimed at enterprise-level businesses with high volumes of site traffic.
- Linux and Windows operating systems, each with numerous plans available
- Up to 64 GB of RAM
- 10 TB of bandwidth
- 2 GB or 4 GB backup storage included, depending on core selection
- 1 domain name included with all plans
- 5 IP addresses included with all plans
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Lunarpages offers a wide selection of plans, features, and options at various price points.
- Lunarpages’ own site pages take an inordinate amount of time to load. Something to consider before purchasing their services if page speed is important to you.
- The provider’s site is a bit convoluted, with some of the most helpful information buried deep within the site. Research carefully before buying.
Sign Up With LunarPages Now
Your Review of Lunarpages Hosting
Are you a current or past customer of LunarPages hosting? Would you recommend them? Please leave your comments below and let our visitors know what you think of LunarPages hosting’s speed, features and customer service.