Just Host is a provider of expensive, yet reliable, shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting options.
Is Just Host the provider for you? Read on to find out.
All Just Host packages come with the following:
- Free domain name: register a free domain name, or transfer a domain name you already own to Just Host free of charge
- Hosting for an unlimited number of domains: all Just Host plans support hosting for an unlimited number of domains, so you can host all of your websites on one server and manage everything using one cPanel account
- Potentially unlimited resource allocations, including disk space, data transfer, and email accounts
- Easy account management: the cPanel provided with your account makes it easy to set up, manage, optimize, and promote your website. Your cPanel includes features for designing your website, installing apps that extend the feature set and functionality of your website, and marketing. You can also configure your email accounts, manage your domains, see your website statistics, and manage your database.
- Free script library: all Just Host users have access to the free script library, which includes things like WordPress, osCommerce, phpBB, and Joomla. This makes it easy for you to extend your website's functionality and feature set without having to write a single line of code.
Web Hosting Options
Currently, Just Host offers three types of web hosting plans: shared, VPS, and dedicated.
Just Host offers a comprehensive shared hosting that's a good option if you are looking to get started with a website on a tight budget.
Currently, Just Host offers three different shared plans from which you can choose:
- The entry-level plan gets you hosting for one website, 50 GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, a domain name, and five email accounts (each with 100 MB of storage)
- The mid-range plan gets you hosting for up to ten websites, 150 GB of storage, unmetered bandwidth, a domain name, 100 email accounts (each with 500 MB of storage), special marketing offers, and spam prevention tools
- The top-tier plan includes support for an unlimited number of websites, unlimited storage, unmetered bandwidth, a domain name, an unlimited number of email accounts (all with unlimited storage), more valuable marketing offers, spam prevention tools, domain privacy protection, and automatic website backups
Finally, for those who want to improve the performance of their websites without upgrading to a VPS hosting plan or a dedicated server, there's the option to Go Pro, which gets you everything in the top-tier plan plus a dedicated IP address and an SSL certificate. Your site will also be hosted on a high-performance server, instead of the more economical standard option.
VPS Hosting Plans
VPS hosting plans are the natural next step for someone who has outgrown the resources offered by a shared plan, or someone who is planning to grow their website extensively in the near future. In the latter case, opting for a VPS plan immediately (instead of choosing a shared plan and then upgrading later) means one less migration and lessens the possibility of downtime for the website.
Just Host offers four different VPS options from which you can choose. When deciding which option is best for your needs, you'll be looking at:
- The number of CPU cores
- Allocation of RAM and storage
- Data transfer limits
Regardless of which option you choose, you'll get a free domain name, two dedicated IP addresses (unless you opt for the entry-level plan, which comes with just one dedicated IP address), and a Linux-based environment (specifically, CentOS 6.5).
Just Host's VPS options are cloud-based solutions that come with an enhanced cPanel Control Panel for GUI-based website management. You'll get full root access, guaranteed server resources, instant provisioning, and the ability to manage multiple accounts in one location.
Just Host's top-tier offering is its cloud-based dedicated servers. These options are fully managed by Just Host and can be provisioned instantaneously.
When opting for a dedicated server, there are three options from which you can choose. When deciding which server is best for your highly-trafficked, resource-intensive website, you're looking at:
- The CPU powering your server
- The amount of space dedicated to your cache
- RAM and storage allocation
- Data transfer/bandwidth maximums
- Number of dedicated IP addresses
Regardless of which option you choose, you'll get a free domain name. Your server environment, by default, will be running CentOS 6.5. If you need to upgrade your storage, you can do so by purchasing increments of 500 GB, 1 TB, or 2 TB.
As we've already said, Just Host's dedicated servers are instantly provisioned so that you can use them right away, instead of waiting days (or even hours). Storage-wise, all your data is automatically protected by RAID, and you get full management of your server with root access privileges.
Rather than relying on the command line for managing your website and web server, you'll get access to and use of an enhanced cPanel, which many hosts typically include only with shared hosting packages.
Technical Support/Customer Service
Just Host's technical support team can be reached 24/7 via telephone, live chat, or email.
If you have purchased a dedicated server, you can get in touch with the Just Host team using a phone line available only for use by those with dedicated hosting plans.
In terms of self-help resources, Just Host offers basic documentation, a knowledge base, a getting started guide and some video tutorials.
Just Host is committed to providing a secure and reliable web hosting environment. All websites are hosted on high-performance servers with quad-core processors, and the data center itself has backup power sources in the event of an electrical outage. Just Host performs 24/7 monitoring, so it knows immediately if something happens.
Pricing and Billing
Just Host offers a 30-day money back guarantee with all hosting plans, so if you decide that Just Host is not the right option for you, cancel your account and receive a refund for the remainder of your term (excluding setup and domain registration fees). If you received a domain name free of charge, you could keep it.
Shared hosting plans are billed in cycles lasting 12, 124, or 36 months. Those with longer contracts receive discounts off their monthly hosting fees, so those who sign up for a 36-month-long contract pay the least for hosting on a month-to-month basis.
Depending on the specific plan you choose, you may incur a one-time setup fee (Just Host will waive this fee for those who opt for the higher-level hosting packages).
During the checkout process, you can opt for extra services (if they don't already come included with the plan you've chosen), such as automatic website backups, Search Engine Jumpstart and SiteLock Security.
VPS Plans and Dedicated Servers
You can choose to pay for a VPS plan or a dedicated server on a monthly basis, or you can pay upfront for an extended contract lasting 3, 6, 12, 24, or 36 months. Like the shared hosting plans, you will receive a discount off the cost of your monthly hosting fees by opting for a lengthier contract. The longer your contract, the greater your discount.
During the checkout process, you can opt for extra services (if they don't already come included with the plan you've chosen), such as Search Engine Jumpstart and SiteLock Security.
Unlike many other providers, which do not offer any type of refunds for purchases of VPS plans and dedicated servers, Just Host includes these high-end options in its 30-day money back guarantee.
Just Host is a provider of inexpensive, yet reliable, shared, VPS, and dedicated solutions. Its comprehensive plans tend to come with features not usually offered by other providers, such as server management services and cPanels for VPS hosting and dedicated servers.
Despite this, Just Host does not charge significantly more for hosting than its services than its competitors. If you're looking for a host for your first website, it certainly can't hurt to try Just Host.
Your Review of JustHost
Are you a current or past customer of Just Host? Would you recommend them? Please leave your comments below and let our visitors know what you think of Just Host's speed, features and customer service.