As its name implies, popular hosting provider Just Host is focused on one thing: hosting. Unlike some of its competitors, Just Host keeps it simple. No Web design services or SEO optimization consultations here: just competitively-priced, three-tier hosting designed to get you up and running on the Web.
With four tiers of hosting options, Just Host hits all the standard marks: Shared, Reseller, Virtual Private Server (VPS), and Dedicated. The company uses only Linux-based servers for all its plans, which are built on the “unlimited everything” model.
- Free domain for one year
- Unlimited* domains and sub-domains
- Unlimited* drive space
- Unlimited* data transfer/bandwidth
- Unlimited* SQL databases
- Support for Unlimited* email addresses and webmail (IMAP and POP3)
- Free 24/7 customer support via Web/phone/email
- Complimentary nightly backups
- A free template-based website builder
- Free SSL certificate
- Full support for:
- eCommerce (ZenCart, osCommerce, Agora Shopping Cart, Cube Cart)
- Content management software (WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- PHP 5
- Ruby on Rails
- Server-Side Includes
- FrontPage Extensions
- Multimedia streaming
- Website management with cPanel
- SimpleScripts application/script installation
The shared hosting tier also includes complimentary search engine submission service (to help your site start ranking in search results) and Just Hosting’s “anytime” money-back guarantee.
Reseller Hosting Features
If you’re looking to sell hosting plans yourself, Just Host’s three reseller hosting plans (“Silver,” “Gold,” and “Platinum”) have you covered. This tier is technically “shared” hosting, and includes the same features as shared plans, but with a few additions and alterations:
- Unlimited* domains and sub-domains
- Up to 500 GB of drive space
- Unlimited* monthly data transfer/bandwidth
- All the other features of shared hosting plans
- A free domain reseller account
- Support for 15 Mbps, 25 Mbps or 35 Mbps bandwidth
- Private name servers
- Free template-based site builder software (for both you and your customers)
- cPanel licenses for your customers
- Free ClientExec billing system
- Free license for WHM as well as cPanel (for managing both your customer accounts/content and your site, respectively)
*As a rule, “unlimited” in the context of shared hosting generally denotes “limitless until you negatively impact server performance, at which point you may be billed or transferred to a more costly service tier.”
Just Host’s' reseller plans are covered by their anytime money-back guarantee.
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting Features
If you need greater power or more direct control over your server, Just Host offers four different VPS plans: “Standard,” “Enhanced,” “Premium,” and “Ultimate.”
- Your own virtual Linux server, with:
- The same standard features available in shared plans
- Up to a quad-core Intel® Xeon™ processor
- Up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM
- Up to 240 GB of storage space
- Up to 4 TB of monthly traffic
- Two dedicated IP addresses (a single IP is included with the “Standard” plan)
- Full root access to your server and operating system (OS)
- Enhanced cPanel VPS management control panel
- Guaranteed server resources via cloud-based KVM hypervisor virtualization
Just Host’s promises “VPS done right,” and aims to deliver on that pledge with cloud technology like KVM, OpenStack, and other optimization software designed to ensure the resources you purchase are always available. And like all Just Host plans, VPS solutions are covered by their anytime money-back guarantee.
Dedicated Hosting Features
If you're supporting a high-traffic online storefront, want total control over your hardware and software, or have a popular site with high-volume content distribution, then you'll want to take a look at dedicated hosting options from Just Host.
- Your own physical Linux server, with:
- All of the basic features of the lower tiers
- Intel® Xeon™ processors up to 3.3 GHz (quad core) or 2.3 GHz (dual core)
- Up to 16 GB of RAM
- Up to 1 TB of storage space
- Up to 15 TB of monthly traffic
- Up to five free dedicated IP addresses
- Total root access for your server
- Free enhanced cPanel/WHM license
- Enhanced caching with discrete RAM to improve performance
Just Host’s dedicated hosting plans are covered by the anytime money-back guarantee, and also allow for storage upgrades of 500 GB, 1 TB, and 2 TB for an additional monthly fee of $45, $65, and $95, respectively.
Just Host lives up to its name with a straightforward array of hosting options and little else.
Which is not to say that the features on offer are limited; all four tiers are competitively priced (particularly the top-level dedicated hosting, which may not have as many “extras” as some other dedicated plans, but is very affordably priced at $250 a month—around $100 less than you’d pay for similar power and bandwidth elsewhere) and offer a wide selection of options and perks, including a few (such as free cPanel on the economy plans) that you might not find at other providers.
The 24/7/365 support is nicely supplemented by an online knowledge base and video tutorials.
The company’s anytime money-back guarantee is prorated, but is a step above other, more limited offerings found at some competing hosting providers.
Unlike some providers, Just Host does not offer a specific uptime guarantee, instead promising to attend to any issues that may crop up immediately. If your site or application uptime requirements have a lower-limit threshold, Just Host may not be the best fit for your needs.
In addition, Just Host is a Linux-only hosting provider, so if your site requires support for Windows application development tools like ASP.NET, or you have existing applications that require a Windows environment, you'll want to investigate other providers.