While perhaps not quite as well known as some hosts, A2 Hosting is no stranger to the hosting vertical. The company was founded in 2001 as Iniquinet, and in 2003, chose the name A2 in honor of their headquarters location, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Even if, despite their having spent more than a decade on the scene, you’ve never heard of them, rest assured that A2 is by no means lacking in features or options. As the company has grown, they’ve continued to add services and value for their customers. A2 is also an A+ BBB-rated company. They definitely warrant a look.
A2 Hosting offers the standard variety of packages similar to most hosting providers: shared, VPS, and dedicated. They’ve added a few extras, though, to set themselves apart from the horde, such as green hosting, backup service, and a quadruple redundant network.
- Prime or Prime+SSD (Solid State Drives) options
- SSDs can load pages up to 300% faster
- Unlimited* storage
- Unlimited* email accounts
- Unlimited* data transfer/bandwidth
- 99.9% uptime guarantee
- Free 24/7/365 USA-based customer support
- Free server rewind backups
- 1-Click software installs
- Average page load time of 1.9 seconds
- Risk free money back guarantee
*As a rule, “unlimited” in the context of shared hosting generally denotes “limitless until you negatively impact server performance, at which point you may be billed or transferred to a more costly service tier.”
Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting Features
A2’s VPS hosting offers pretty much all the same features as their shared hosting plans, along with a few extras. But the true benefit is in having the privacy of a dedicated server at the shared hosting price.
- SSD option available
- One IP address
- FutureServe green hosting
- 10 GB redundant network
- U.S. and European server location options
- Change and reload operating system on demand
- Full network control (IPTables)
- 24/7 network monitoring
- Quadruple redundant network
- If one, two, or even three U.S. data center links go down, you stay connected
For those who need a bit more power, but aren’t quite ready for a dedicated hosting option, A2 offers managed VPS hosting. You get many of the same features as regular VPS hosting, with a few upgrades such as two dedicated IP addresses, CloudFlare Content Delivery Network, and dedicated RAM ranging from 2,048 MB to 4,096 MB.
Dedicated Hosting Features
It doesn’t get much better than an entire server all to yourself. With all the features of VPS hosting and then some, you get a lot for your money with dedicated hosting. Of course, you’ll also have to spend a bit more of that money.
- Flex Dedicated Server
- Good for developers or experienced system administrators
- Server ready for your custom configuration
- Root access
- Linux OS option
- 24/7/365 server monitoring and hardware maintenance
- Managed Flex Dedicated Server
- Good for users who want a fully managed solution
- User-friendly management level
- HostGuard comprehensive server management
- Free cPanel
As with any hosting, be sure to choose the solution, features, and options that will work best for your site. A2’s prices range from the modest and very reasonable to some high ones best left to enterprise-level publishers. With the range of options they offer, though, and the ability to customize some of their packages, it shouldn’t be difficult to find the right solution for you or your business.
- A2 Hosting gives you the ability to custom build your VPS hosting environment with their on-site design tool. Select RAM, disk space, data transfer, and more.
- Using the VPS design tool, you pay only for what you need and select.
- A2 Hosting is 100% carbon-neutral thanks to their partnership with Carbonfund.org.
- The quadruple redundancy provides peace of mind.
About the only negative is the cost of the dedicated hosting solutions, which range from about $100 per month to about $300 per month. However, unless you’re a large corporation, or you manage a large e-commerce site with a high traffic volume, you can most likely be completely satisfied with a lower-level hosting package.